Long Beach Foodie Update: BO-beau Updates Menu; James Republic Launches Lunch Series with Ramen
Want to see all our Long Beach Foodie Updates? Click here to scroll through the archives.
Photos by Brian Addison. To see some of BO-beau’s new offerings, scroll through the gallery above.
It is unfortunate that more folks ignore BO-beau’s downstairs area more than they tend to gravitate toward the rooftop—and don’t get me wrong, I understand the appeal of the open-air patio with tons of beers and a chiller vibe. But the downstairs is not only gorgeous but offers a far more spectacular menu.
From seared scallops with watermelon radishes to duck breast with Du Puy lentils and a Nantes carrot purée. From bacon & piquillo pepper croquettes with pickled green tomatoes to one of the best tuna tartares you’ll ever have.
I give you BO-beau food porn—just scroll through the gallery above.
Meanwhile, James Republic will be launching their First Fridays Lunch Series and they are takin’ on ramen for their inaugural menu—offering the only ramen in the city outside of Tajima Ramen at SteelCraft in Bixby Knolls.
The menu is as follows:
- Kimchi $4
- Pot of Pickle $4
- Tonkotsu Ramen (pork belly, pork shoulder, poached egg, scallion) $11
- Vegan Kombu Ramen (tofu, corn, snap peas) $9
- Shoyo (tri-tip, enoki mushrooms, broccolini) $10
- Other options:
- Chilled Spicy Noodles (shrimp, gochujang, cucumber, furikake, radish) $12
- Fried Chicken Steamed Bun (buttermilk slaw) $6
- Al Pastor Steamed Bun (pineapple salsa, avocado mousse, cilantro) $6
- Chicharrones $1
- Bean Sprouts $.50
- Nori $.50
- Bonito Flake $.50
- Scallion $.50
- Turmeric Egg $1