Photo by Brian Addison. Above: Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens.
Sometimes—oftentimes—you just don’t want to drive. And that is okay because, well, the typical Californian drives all too often. And even mass transit commuters stick to their cities on days off because traveling anywhere with a distance requires multiple stops, shifts in transit agencies, and a large waste of precious free time.
Enter Long Beach Transit (LBT) with their annual summer transit series dubbed The Museum Express.
It’s simple: you hop on a bus after buying a roundtrip ticket for $12 and you head to your destination. No driving necessary. Bring some food. Bring an iPad. Bring a book. And, for the first time ever, they’ll be heading to Morongo Casino for those with an inner-risk taker.
Tickets go on sale tomorrow and include the following destinations (and, a reminder that these tickets are for fare only; admission tickets to venue must be purchased separately):
- Mission San Juan Capistrano: Friday, 7/6
- Reagan Library: Saturday, 7/7
- Getty Center: Sunday, 7/8
- Nixon Library: Friday, 7/13
- Autry Museum / LA Zoo: Saturday, 7/14
- Hollywood Museum / Hollywood & Highland: Sunday, 7/15
- Getty Center: Friday, 7/20
- Morongo Casino: Saturday, 7/21
- Wilshire Museum Row: Sunday, 7/22
- Laguna Art Museum / Sawdust Festival: Friday, 7/27
- Getty Villa: Saturday, 7/28
- Museum of Contemporary Art / Broad Museum: Sunday, 7/29
- Norton Simon Museum: Friday, 8/3
- Autry Museum / LA Zoo: Saturday, 8/4
- Hammer Museum: Sunday, 8/5
- Descanso Gardens: Friday, 8/10
- Getty Center: Saturday, 8/11
- Mission San Juan Capistrano: Sunday, 8/12
- Wilshire Museum Row: Friday, 8/17
- Exposition Park Experience: Saturday, 8/18
- Reagan Library: Sunday, 8/19
- Huntington Library & Botanical Gardens: Friday, 8/24
- Autry Museum / LA Zoo: Saturday, 8/25
- Getty Center: Sunday, 8/26
For more information, click here.If you would like to pay cash for your ticket, please visit the Transit Visitor and Information Center at 1st St. & Pine in DTLB. For those wishing to buy tickets on their phones, LBT encourages you to use the Token Transit app; click here for more information.