From ‘Rogue One’ to ‘Jaws,’ Moonlight Movies on Shores of Long Beach Aims for Epic Summer
Photo courtesy of Moonlight Movies on the Beach.
In arguably one of Long Beach’s best transformations of public space, Moonlight Movies on the Beach has been a city tradition for decades—and for good reason: it shows free movies all summer long.
Leading this year’s crop will be Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on June 15. The free cinephile fest will run through August 22.
The movies will be shown at three different locations: Granada, Cherry, and Alamitos Beaches.
Movies will be shown on Tuesdays and Thursdays at sunset, typically around 8PM.
- June 15 – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at Granada Beach
- June 20 – Secret Life of Pets at Granada Beach
- June 27 – Mean Girls at Granada Beach
- June 29 – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at Alamitos Beach
- July 11 – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl at Granada Beach
- July 13 – Napolean Dynamite at Cherry Beach
- July 18 – The Breakfast Club at Granada Beach
- July 25 – The Little Mermaid at Granada Beach
- July 27 – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at Alamitos Beach
- August 1 – 50 First Dates at Granada Beach
- August 3 – Jaws at Cherry Beach
- August 8 – Finding Dory at Granada Beach
- August 15 – Moana at Granada Beach
- August 17 – Princess Bride at Alamitos Beach
- August 22 – The Sandlot at Granada Beach